New Licensees - Initial Reporting

Initial Annual Statement:  The Initial Annual Statement shall be filed within sixty (60) days of the issuance of a license. An initial annual statement filed with the Bureau prior to the issuance of a license will not be accepted and must be resubmitted after licensure as required by law.

In lieu of mailing, your Initial Annual Statement may be submitted by:

Emailed annual statements will receive an email confirmation of receipt. If you submit your statement by email or fax, please do not send a duplicate copy by mail.

Existing Licensees – Renewals

Instructions on how to complete the Annual Statement

Annual Statement- Annual Statements shall be submitted to the Bureau at least sixty (60) days prior to the expiration of the license as a condition of license renewal each year.

In lieu of mailing, your Annual Statement may be submitted by:

Emailed statements will receive an email confirmation of receipt. If you submit your statement by email or fax, please do not send a duplicate copy by mail.

Renewal Payment Notice - Approximately 60 days prior to your license expiration date, a renewal payment notice will be sent to your address of record.  

  • Sign the renewal payment notice to verify you completed the annual continuing education requirements (CCR 4442) and that you have submitted your annual statement.  If you do not receive a renewal payment notice, you may mail your renewal fee payment with this completed verification form.
  • Include your renewal fee.
  • Mail the signed renewal payment notice and fee to:

    Professional Fiduciaries Bureau
    1625 N. Market Blvd, Suite S-209
    Sacramento, CA 95834

Existing Licensees – Inactive or Retired License Application

Inactive License Status

Retired License Status

Professional License Portability and State Registration for Servicemembers and their Spouses

The federal Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) authorizes service members or their spouses who currently hold a valid license in good standing in another state, district, or territory to practice in California within the same profession or vocation, if they relocate to California because of military orders. For individuals who desire to practice in California under the terms of the SCRA, please visit:

Who is a Mandated Reporter?

  • A mandated reporter as defined in the Welfare and Institutions Code (WIC) section 15630 is: “Any person who has assumed full or intermittent responsibility for care or custody of an elder or dependent adult, whether or not that person receives compensation, including administrators, supervisors, and any licensed staff of a public or private facility that provides care or services for elder or dependent adults, or any elder or dependent adult care custodian, health practitioner, clergy member, or employee of a county adult protective services agency or a local law enforcement agency."
  • Information on where to file a report is provided through the
    California Department of Social Services (This link will redirect to a website that does not belong to the Bureau and any information contained within that link is managed by the agency the website belongs to.)